Effective as of February 24, 2020
By using Inverse, you are agreeing to the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes of providing you our product services as described below. We will notify all active accounts of any significant changes to this policy.
Your data is never shared.
Your privacy is really important to us. We are not an ad supported company. Our free service is intended to entice you to premium service. Below are the details of this policy:
• We will never sell, rent, or otherwise share your personal information, with or without personally identifying information. Furthermore, we will never share anonymized selections of your individual data. That includes any government (foreign or domestic) unless we are compelled by law. If we are required by law to disclose any of the information collected about you, we will attempt to provide you with notice (unless we are prohibited) that a request for your information has been made in order to give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure. We will attempt to provide this notice by email. We will independently object to overly broad requests for access to information about users of our site.
• We may share information about user behavior in the aggregate only. For example, we could share information like, “on which apps or tools do people spend the most amount of their productive time online?” This type of analysis is used to enrich the product, and to represent our domain expertise to our audiences.
• We won’t spam you, ever, either directly or indirectly by sharing email information. We may occasionally send one-time messages about important Inverse news. We will likely continue to introduce ways that you can optionally have Inverse contact you with data that you care about, but you will always be able to turn this on or off.
What information does Inverse collect? How is it used?
If you choose to create an account with Inverse, you share your name and email address. We use this information to better inform you of new features and to solicit your feedback
Inverse records the following information:
• For time analysis: aggregate time data, e.g., total browsing time on apps or tools
• For distinguishing your device: device operating system version, IP address, logged in account name
• For improving our product: your interactions with Inverse software (i.e. opening the Inverse extension, changing your Inverse settings)
In the event of a software crash (rare), Inverse may record the URL where the crash occurred, for troubleshooting. Inverse does not (and never will) collect keystrokes, form input, screenshots, window or page body content, or anything nefarious.